Saturday, January 29, 2011

First show of the year...

About a month ago, I received an email from a lady who was organising a Mind, Body and Spirit event in Theddlethorpe, the biggest village in Lincolnshire, we discovered today. I was slightly confused as I was sure that these events were all about tarot cards, reiki and ear candling. I emailed the lady back for a bit more information to and she said that crafty people were going too so I signed up for it, not sure what to expect.

This morning came, cold and icy. Kate and I set off on our way to the community hall. Obviously, we got lost on the way there. In true Nic and Kate style we had driven right past the place, even slowing down to look at the quaint pub at the end of the drive, just not noticing the hall. And the signs. And the cars. Ahh well. Ten minutes later we found the place again and before long the pile of bags and boxes were transformed into stands and displays and we were eating bacon and egg buns with a cup of tea.



I discovered when I got there that my table was smaller than I had thought so decided to display my little girly bags and purses and leave the needle rolls for another place where I have more space.

We had a good day and decided that we ought to become tarot readers and hypnotists because they were busy all day and charging a fair bit for their services. My best-sellers were my newly-made reward charts and babysitter notes. Following talks with other Phoenix traders, I discovered that they were laminating their sheets and adding magnets to them. A fab idea! I love the products but had thought that they would work better as single sheets so I gave them a go.


I still have a few of the charts available so if you want one, leave a comment here, they are £1 each and the first three people will also get a free pen.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

If I had children I'd be very tempted! Sadly, I don't think a reward chart would convince Monkey to get out of bed and actually DO something.

Nic said...

LOL Daisy. Kate and I were talking today about how we should have one for our husbands/boyfriends ;)

Kitschy Coo said...

If you ever make husband ones, I'm there.

Woolywag said...

Please could I have 2, Hopefully see you on Wednesday. If not will pm you.