Monday, May 14, 2012

Name help!!

We had a fab weekend at Nicsknots. The rain stopped and my little brother got married.  It was an amazing day. The reception was at The Priory in Louth and it was fantastic. We had a seven course mystery menu, all of the food was delicious and the staff were lovely.  Shelley, the owner of the hotel learnt everyone's names a lot faster than I could ever do and Jack and Lou loved that she knew their names, and used them. It's the little details that make things special. The only problem is that L now wants to learn how to play the harp rather than the piano and J wants to live in a hotel like Shelley's children...to be fair, I can't blame J. The house and grounds are amazing. I'd happily live there!

There will be photos of the weekend, well at least one or two because I managed to get my shawl finished and wear it however I made the mistake of giving the camera to Lou so all of the photos I have at the moment are fairly 'special' but Kate at Birds and Bees Photography did the official photos for the day and I asked her to take a couple of photos of me and my shawl for the blog so all will be ok.

After a lovely weekend, we're all on a bit of a come-down today. L didn't want to get up this morning and was Little Miss Grumpy and I have lots of things to do this week that I'm not really looking forward to so I decided to do some fun things this morning including making another one of these new bags.

 I have a little problem though; a magazine has already emailed me and asked if they can have photos of this to go in a feature but I need a name. At the moment it is called the very un-inspirational 'wrist bag'. While it might state the obvious use, I don't like it. Or ' bucket bag' which was my other option which I think, quite frankly, sounds all clunky, functional and boring so I need help. What do you think I should call it?


 Although it looks small, it is a roomy bag. This is a big, fluffy 100g skein of Artesano Aran yarn and it sits in the bottom of the bag with plenty of room for a couple more skeins....


It is perfectly fine for taking your socks to knitting group; space for your knitting, purse, phone, a book, maybe not the kitchen sink though...

I've listed this bag for sale in my shop. More will be coming in the week. Please comment with your name ideas. I need inspiration!

9 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

hang it all bag? - Really I am rubbish at these things. ;) Looks good tho'

Stitched Together said...

Bracelet Bag? It's a tough one. I really like it though!

TracyC611 said...

Hi

A few randon ideas - Church bag, steeple bag, Palace bag or trug bag?

Tracy

BabyLongLegs said...

Well, since you have a few girls names on your other bags, why not call it 'Carrie'.. or is that a bit too Stephen King for your liking :P

Looks great, needless to say i want one??

Many Hugs
S xXx

Ali said...

Following Tracy's theme...what about The Priory...its a similar shape and it would remind you of your brother's wedding?
Carrie bag is a fab suggestion!
It is such a great shape
Hope you find name inspiration soon!
Ali

janet276 said...

When I saw it first I thought it was an apron. Why not the apron bag.

coop said...

Call it Edna.

Also I need one.

Julie said...

Have you got a Betty bag [can't beat alliteration] ... or Pearl ... or Tinker ... or Britannia ...

GiddyStuff said...

I was thinking it was like a knitting 'trug' too, and I think I need one ;-)