Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Everything is a WIP (Wednesday).....

Life is a little more harmonious around here this week. After I nearly poked Mr Nicsknots in the eye for suggesting we all just hop off to The Lake District for a week this week '...as we're not  really doing anything...', it would seem he now understand that I need to work and that he needs to entertain children. They all went to a parrot sanctuary place yesterday and he was in bed asleep before 10 last night so I think maybe childcare might be more tiring than he first assumed!

We're still enjoying The Olympics. I've really surprised myself because I was excited about the opening ceremony (and I'll be honest, part of me was wondering what farce would occur but it was amazing, we have watched it a fair few times since they started.), but I didn't think I would watch much of the actual sport! We have watched everything and my evenings have mainly consisted of watching the swimming, then athletics, while either cutting out bags and things or knitting hence the progress of my Owls; it now looks like a real jumper....





I'm hoping to get to the actual owls by the weekend....

I've been sorting fabric out again and have found some of this fabric left over and thought it was quite apt while we are all watching London......


 I'm trying to be good...when I get new fabrics, I always seem to make the drawstring bags first then I end up with not a lot of other bags and needle rolls in stock when it comes around to sorting stock out for the shop and shows so now I am making other things first.......


...then the drawstring bag because you can never have too many little project bags ;) Here they are in the shop.





2 comments:

Rhian Drinkwater said...

Wow, that jumper's going to be finished soon, looking good!

Daisy said...

Well, it sounds like he's beginning to get the idea, anyway! I love the Owls jumper, it's on my list to make too.