Saturday, January 18, 2014

Finally...a winner and 2014!

Sorry everyone. Everything got crazy busy in the run-up to Christmas and when I thought I would have lots of time to catch up on things before New Year, we all had a bit of much-needed time away from computers so I failed at blogging and *finally* drawing a winner for the competition.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the blog. I loved seeing all of the posts and am glad I'm not the only one to have multiple projects, bags and random things in their knitting bags!  I asked Lou to pick a number for me and she chose number 1 so well done to Evelyn of  'The Soaring Sheep'  .

Christmas seems ages ago now. I did manage to do some Christmas knitting. I made this little cardi for my baby nephew because everyone needs a Christmas jumper, right?


Here it is, all pinned out on the settee on Christmas Eve...nothing like a bit of last minute finishing off...

And with buttons! It is knitted with Sirdar Snuggly from a pattern in Let's Knit magazine.  I like the finished result but I can't say I enjoyed knitting it as much as some other patterns. I was impressed with the yarn though as I was worried it might be a bit squeaky but it was actually quite soft and I'd use it again for a easy-care baby yarn.

I am struggling a bit to blog at the moment but I am still posting on Instagram so if you want to come and find me, I'm here. I'm doing the #100 happy days challenge and not doing too badly. When the weather is wet and cold and you seem to spend most of the few daylight hours at work, it's good to focus on the happy things.  Today, this was my post; 

http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram.com/6b6c748c804911e38e5812e0cdd01dd1_8.jpg

Catching up on some sewing to stock the shop up makes me happy! I knew I had to have this fabric when I saw it because we all love to have a cup of tea while we're knitting, don't we? If you love this, you can find it in the shop just here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Squeeeee!! Have emailed you :)

Love the cardigan, so cute!

Isla davison said...

I'm loving my bag my husband bought from yourself for a Christmas present to house my sock knitting.