Friday, September 05, 2008

Tell me all you know about..........

..........Evening Primrose Oil and what it does to your monthly cycle.

If you don't want to read about girly things, give this a miss today, 'eh? I'll be back soon with more inane wittering and stuff ;)

OK, here goes; I started taking EPO a year or so ago as well as Agnus Cactus because a wiser person than me, told me that it did wonders for PMT. Since having Lou (and I'm sure the two events are completly coincidental), I needed something or I would gladly kill someone or myself for approximatly 9 days of the month.

I'm really sure that however we evolved or someone made us, they were pretty short-sighted in giving women hormones and then leaving them in charge of small children or to be fair, most things when they have PMT.

Anyway, the EPO and and AC did wonders for PMT but if I take it regularly, my cycle lasts anything up to 6weeks and its seriously un-nerving. Is this normal? I am fed up, as I am sure DH and close friends are of thinking that I *might* be pregnant every other month. Even though I know I'm not, if I'm that late then I might and.....do you know what that does to a girl? Its enough to turn me celebate. Well, nearly.

So I guess I'm asking for advice, information and opinion. I am sure I read somewhere that women take it to lengthen their cycle when ttc but now I can't find where I read that and we're on week 5 now..............

2 comments:

blueadt said...

Well I'm going to look into it further. I'm every 3 1/2 weeks & it drives me barmy.

Daisy said...

I read quite a bit about it in relation to PCOS although I've never tried it myself. The Pill sorted out my PMT - otherwise my housemates went in fear of their lives! I've got a book called "Vitex agnus-castus" by Simon Mills. I can stick it in the post to you if you want to borrow it?