Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Indestructable....



My Dad always talks about some bunk beds that my Grandad made my Dad and his brother. They weren't that pretty but they were solid and as Dad would say, should there have been a nuclear attack, everything else would be erased but Grandad's bunk beds would still be standing. Well now we can add my bags too.

I am always paranoid about my bags falling to pieces, so paranoid that I load my own bags so full, with such heavy stuff, just to make sure that they will withstand day-to-day use. I have used one for three years now and it is still going strong, I have put things in it that the bag is too heavy to carry but it hasn't broken.

Today I was making a zip bag. I was in a bit of a rush because I was supposed to be taking J and L and their friend and her mum to soft play hell and I sewed the label inside the bag! Ok, you think, just unpick it. Only I sew over labels and handles and anything else that will be pulled so many times, so that they won't pull out that after 15 minutes, the label was still there, I was in a foul mood and I had admitted defeat. This is the bag out in the sun this afternoon....

and here with the label cleverly sewn inside......

I have decided to sell this as a slight second because the bag is great, fine, nothing wrong except for the location of the label so if you want a bargain, click here...zippy bag for the same size as a drawstring one.

In case you were wondering, we made it back from the soft hell alive with only minimal injuries; a twisted ankle, a bruised forehead and an empty purse. I nearly cried when the woman told me that I actually had to pay to sit there and watch other peoples badly behaved children scream, shout and be awful. There was woman there with her laptop, oblivious to her children beating seven bells of carp out of another little boy. Urgh. Anyway, laugh at my stupid label sewing :D

5 comments:

Kitty Ballistic said...

That bag isn't a slight second, it has a 'unique design feature'. ;-) Very cute bag and lovely fabric.

nickynackynoo said...

You know what, I think I prefer labels on the inside.

Kitschy Coo said...

I agree with Kitty, it's an 'innovation'!

Nic said...

Thanks everyone. The thing is, I use the label as a zip tag for opening the bag. Still, it's not sold so I think I will take it to Rav day on Saturday.

Daisy said...

That's hilarious! The bags you've made me certainly aren't showing any signs of wear and one in particular has travelled all over the country with my knitting in!