Monday, September 14, 2009

National Cupcake Week!!

What a wonderful week. Someone has decided that this week should be 'National Cupcake Week'. I'm not complaining because surely that means that we can eat as many as we like and not feel guilty, right?

Well I'm doing my little bit for cupcake week too. This week I will be donating £1 from the sale of my cupcake bags to The Children's Hospice UK.

The Children's Hospice are a wonderful charity that I have known about for a long time. It helps many families in very sad and difficult positions. Their vision is 'for every child and young person who is not expected to reach adulthood - and their family - to have awareness of, and access to, the highest standards of care and support in the location of their choosing.'

The fortnight that we spent in Bristol Children's hospital paediatric intensive care unit when J was born opened my eyes to all of the poorly children there are and their families who are doing their best to make their children's lives, however long or short, as happy as possible. I have been wanting to do something for a while now and my work as an independent Phoenix card seller has pushed me to get organised and do something.

So, if you want to 'celebrate' Cupcake week, here are a few of the bags I have for you. If you click on the photos, you should get sent to my shop.






2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

Lovely bags and well done for doing your bit for charity!

Daisy said...

What an excellent idea! Both the bags and whoever thought up National Cupcake Week.