Sunday, July 11, 2010

3 Beautiful things....

Wow, I haven't done a '3 beautiful things' post for months. I wanted to blog something completley different tonight but it is half an hour into tomorrow now and I don't have the energy to sort photos out so here is a quicky; my 3 beautiful things from the weekend.

1. Picking fruit with my little people. Every summer we go strawberry and raspberry picking at the local farm. Every year, I swear it gets busier and a little bigger which makes me kind of sad but we always head off as far away from the masses as possible and get picking. Today J and I went to pick raspberries while L and M went off to get strawberries. I love wandering up and down the avenues of bushes, picking fruit. £13 and an hour later we had picked all we could pick (and maybe some could eat) and we headed home happy people.

2. Swimming. We have been saying that we would go swimming for weeks but every week something happens. Generally children don't fulfil their part of the bargain so we miss out for another week but this morning the bedroom was tidy and we were at the pool by 12. J and L now swim without their floats, swimming under water much better than my head out, typical mum swimming. Must remedy this asap! Basically I need a pool of my own to practise with no-one looking ;)

3. Reading. J loves his reading. This time last year we were worried that L wouldn't read because every time she wanted to know what something said, she would ask Jack to read it for her but now she reads all by herself. Bedtimes have now changed from us reading to them to them reading to us. I love listening to them reading. J really gets into it and is so fluent and L adds her own voices to everything. Just a little concerned that our house isn't big enough for all of the books that 4 bookworms might have......

1 comment:

Katie Mottershead said...

Nic i will teach you to swim with your head under :-) xxx