Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to survive winter...

It's all getting a bit mad at Nicsknos HQ at the mo. Most of the daylight hours (you know, the three a day we have now) are taken up by work at school and it would seem that, as much as we want to ignore it, Christmas is in full swing there; I have cut out about 60 hundred hand-prints to make Christmas tree displays, made stars, cut out strips of card to make baubles and attempted to learn the lines and songs for not one but two plays as well as the usual stuff.

As soon as the sun sets, it is back to Nicsknots work. Orders on my shop and wholesale are flying out and I keep finding that material I had great stocks of has suddenly disappeared....funny how the international material mountain in my lounge is getting bigger rather than smaller then...

As if keeping on top of the housework with work, work, work and kids isn't hard enough, the amount of catalogues and general junk mail that I get through the door on a daily basis is growing. Most go straight in the recycling and I wonder how on earth I ever got on a mailing list for a random expensive skincare company but some I enjoy having a look at while eating breakfast. Yesterday I got a leaflet from Howies. I love their mailings. They are always interesting and fun and this was no different. In with photos of their new stuff and a plea to help save the velodrome, there was this;



Sooo true!! I agree with it all and made a pledge to myself that we'd slow down a bit this weekend and enjoy the cold weather so last night all four of us got under the duvet in the lounge and watched Children in Need. I had my reservations about letting J and L watch it and after J's comments after a certain video, I think I was right but you know, when we were watching Dr Who, it was a near perfect moment, as Dad calls it ;)

Today, lots of tea has been drunk while I have sewed, ironed and reclaimed my kitchen from the near wheelie-bin full of 'stuff' that has been dumped there over the last month or so. Enjoyable cooking has happened and I'm sure more will tomorrow...winter's not all bad ;)

1 comment:

Daisy said...

That sounds like such a cool idea...