Friday, January 14, 2011

A happy coincidence

Over Christmas and New Year, I spent a bit of time sorting my fabric out. What struck me, apart from the sheer amount that I seem to have collected, was that a lot of my fabric is now floral and the funky, some may even say wacky, fabric that I started out doing, is getting squeezed out of my range so I decided that I needed to work on my funky side again...not to say that flowers can't be funky, but you know what I am saying. We can do both ;)

So, it is by happy coincidence, that the first Nicsknots thing that gets featured in a magazine in 2011 is not floral. Pink but not a flower in sight;

'Let's Knit' Magazine Feb 2011. (Click to make it bigger)

It is one of these retro heart needle rolls;


This afternoon, the sun finally came out for the first time in weeks so I also managed to take some photos of another funky print. Gnomes!


I love these cheery folk. I am definitely getting more of this fabric to make other things. I have just listed them in my Folksy and Etsy shops.

More bigger bags are on their way too...lets hope for good weather this weekend :)

No comments: