Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chicken Chewsday

I realised yesterday that the blog has been seriously lacking in chicken updates recently and a few people had been asking me how they were doing so I decided, in honour of the fact that I spend quite a bit of my time at school translating and guessing what the children have written, we should have a Chicken ' Chewsday'. Why spell it with a T anyway?

Obviously it is no longer Chewsday but I still want to post this photo of the chickens taking over the garden chairs....


As you can see, it was chucking it down with rain so they obviously decided that the grass was too wet for them and that they would all have a sit down on the chairs.

We are lucky to get one egg out of the three of them a day at the moment. I'm not sure if that is because of the weather or if it is because Snowy seems to be broody (again!) and Ruby has been moulting. I started feeding them apple cider vinegar a fortnight ago to make sure they are all happy hens so hopefully they will cheer up soon and lay a bit more!





No comments: