Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lots of WIPs Wednesday

I have been meaning to blog for days but now we are back at school, I don't get around to doing it until late and decide that really bed might be a good idea but today I have WIPs to post.

Firstly, we have *the* sock. I have done the heel flap. Twice, in fact, because the first time I did it, it was wrong so I ended up taking it all down and having to do it again. I blame it on all of the glitter on Strictly Come Dancing....nothing to do with Brendon and James ;)


On Monday I had an impromptu knit, put the world to right, tea and cake night. Only, given how I had just had to pull lots of work down, I decided something easier might be better for chatting so I pulled my granny squares out and finished one of those off.  I signed up for a crochet workshop at A Good Yarn in Cleethorpes at the weekend but it isn't until next April so I decided I would have a go at teaching myself so last night I made this...


You can't really tell on the photo but the edges have all started to curl up. The Twitter Crochet Queens tell me that it is because I haven't put enough increases in but I'm not really sure I can sort it so I might just put it back into the bag until I have finished a few more things although, lots of funky crochet things are finding their way into my list, like this and this so maybe I will have to work out where all of my stitches are.

For more WIPs, go over to Tami's blog.





4 comments:

Karen said...

Your sock is wonderful! I love the colors.

Unknown said...

I love the pink and purple sock. Congrats on completing the heel flap. :)

autumngeisha said...

The sock is looking great! Crochet can be tricky when you are a newbie. I am still trying to figure out how to make granny squares. I love attic24's flower cushion. She has such a wonderful way with colors.

pinkundine said...

I have exactly the same problem (as a very beginner crocheter) so I'll be interested to see how you get along!