Monday, March 19, 2012

Make my (Mon) Day!

You know those weeks where you look at the calendar on Sunday and sigh; you know it is going to be a manic week so you resolve to get your head down and get on with it, it'll soon by Saturday afternoon again, right?

This week is a lot like that. Lots of sewing (good) but also lots of planning and meeting and chasing people up and blah blah blah. Then the chickens decided to escape before 10am this morning. Fan.Tastic!

So what made my day? Well, I saw one of the Mums of the girls who did my very first children's sewing classes at Half Term. You will remember how most thought I was mad to have such an idea; children, with sewing machines? Carnage! But we did it and everyone had a fab time and made some amazing bunting and bags too.

The mum showed me what her 8yr old daughter had given her for Mother's Day yesterday; a bag for her to put her lunch in and a mobile phone case.  Both designed and made by the girl, all by herself! They are ace. When she came to my class, she had a new sewing machine and had never doing any sewing.

As I sat at my sewing machine this afternoon, I was so happy. Quite often I doubt what I am doing; it would be a lot easier to give up all of this, do a 'normal' job and stick J and L in after school clubs .  All of the advertising and marketing and selling 'Nicsknots' are hard work.  I quite often worry that I'm not good enough and that people might not learn much from my classes but actually, I am quite good at what I do....I hope I'm not setting myself up for a fall .......

1 comment:

carrad said...

Nic, you are DEFINITELY good enough! It's fantastic to get good feedback on workshops and I know yours are much appreciated. Keep it up, girl! xxx