Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday again, people!! The sun is finally shining here and the forecast is good for the weekend so who knows, maybe summer is on it's way and we might even get the b-b-q out..I'm not buying the meat just yet, we might all be back in our woollies by Friday!

My WIP this week is crochet. I finished the ripple cushion but I'm not happy with it, not because of the crochet as I was talking about last week but because of the way I made it into a cushion. I really should have learnt not to play when grumpy! 

To cheer me up, I quickly cast-on some granny squares. I am planning on making the Attic 24 Summer Garden Granny Square Blanket  and am going to do a round of white on all of them once I have finished... or maybe I will do a bit at a time once I get going....



A very different WIP is out ongoing saga with the central heating. Finally, we have hot water and a fully functioning central heating system!  We all woke up this morning boiling! I went downstairs for breakfast and Lou claimed she was going to pass out because of the heat and J asked 'Please Mummy, turn the hot down!' I don't think we are used to having the heating come on automatically while we are all tucked up in our beds ;)

Now the boiler and the retro fire have gone from the lounge but that leaves this....


Originally we were going to get a wood burner put in at the same time as getting the heating done but we can't afford it so it'll have to wait unless I find a secret millionaire who wants to contribute....maybe a stove company, I'd happily blog them ;)

Well better go and carry on. I haven't been able to get much work done this week while the plumbers have been here as I have had to work in the kitchen  and now I have piles of things everywhere that need to go back to their homes...I don't understand after taking a bin bag full of bedding and 5 carrier bags of books to the charity shop this morning, how I can have anything left...

Maybe I will have a sneaky look at the other WIP Wednesday blogs over at Tami Amis blog when I'm finished!

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very sunshine-y squares; I hope they cheered you up! They would, me!

Daisy said...

That looks pretty!