Thursday, June 14, 2012

It's oh so quiet.....

....Well, the blog might be a bit quiet and there might not be many updates on the website but it is far from 'Oh so still', as the song goes.

Life at Nicsknots is fairly manic at the moment.  We had a fun week with friends staying for half term where, miraculously, it didn't chuck it down with rain every day and there was only one day, less than two hours after friends arrived, that I ended up with four muddy children in my house.....I blame the dads but it was all sorted with a quick bath and everything in the washing machine.   Last weekend we finished the holidays off by going to Shortmead House for a fab wedding involving swimming pools, sack races and a dressing up box....


Before the madness of the holidays, I made lots of bags for a fab collab with the wonderful Knitting Goddess and Coop Knits.  A while back, I had a conversation with Joy who had been plotting with Rachel and they decided that they wanted to do something for Wimbledon.  Joy dyed some amazing colours, Rachel designed some frankly stunning strawberry socks and I made some bags that Joy then added beautiful hand-made beads to.






I love doing collaborations, mainly because it gives me a chance to work with all of the lovely Indies. Normally I would shout from the roof tops to let people know about a collaboration but when these went live on The Knitting Goddess site, I believe I had an hour to pack everything we needed to go camping so I was a little preoccupied and I felt a little bit bad.  To say sorry, I have given a little special offer to all Knitting Goddess Newsletter subscribers. It lasts until 1st July and I promise I will be uploading new fabrics and things in the next week or so.  I can't wait to get this made into something....



This weekend we are going to see my sister, husband and my new niece. In my head I was going to start knitting as soon as I knew if it was a blue or pink variety baby and something would be ready for this weekend but umm....I have knitted one thing but the other one is still a bit of a work-in-progress.....


I'm thinking I might yet get it finished...ever the optimist ;)

No comments: