Thursday, October 04, 2012

So much to do....

After my crazy week last week, I thought this week would be quieter...then I started writing lists. I am trying to be more organised but all I am achieving is more stress as I think 'Waa!! Too much to do!!'

Stress always means I end up having nothing to say on my blog because instead of the verbal diarrhea that is written, I think 'Do I really need to say this?' and it doesn't matter how great it sounds in my head, I decide that I don't *really* need to so I move on, tick another thing off my list and my blog languishes for another day. There are things I want to say though, before it is a fortnight and I haven't written anything so bare with me if I am a bit waffly...

To start with, the cushion work-shop on Saturday was a great success. A fair few lovely ladies walked into the room at 9am telling me that they couldn't sew a thing and looked like they might run away when I said that we would all have a cushion with a zip sewn in it by 12pm but sure enough, by the time they left, everyone had mastered their sewing machines and made two cushion covers, one including *that*zip.  I really think sewing is a lot about confidence; lots of people convince themselves that they will never be able to do it and are that scared about being rubbish, they don't have a go. Once they start, they realise that it is lots easier and enjoy themselves.


I think that is part of the reason why the children make some amazing things on their workshops; while their mums come in telling me that they can't do a thing, the children are convinced that they can do whatever they want and they can and do!

I've had lots of new fabric this week, some causing more excitement than others.  I have had to hide this from J as he has spent the week telling me about all of the things he could have made with it...


 And a certain Woolly person found this fabric and decided that I needed to make her a project bag with it so it would have been rude not to buy some for the shop ;)



It's getting a bit chilly here so I'm starting to think about new hats and scarves and jumpers that we all need. Lou has decided that she really wants this fab Camden Cap by WoollyWormhead.  We have chosen the yarn, some Debbie Bliss Maya that I have had for ages in orange.

While we are on the subject of Woolly Wormhead, hop over to her blog to find out how you can buy some of her amazing patterns and raise money to help save the site of the artists commune where she lives in Italy.



1 comment:

Rhian Drinkwater said...

Ooh I love those bags!

[sits on hands till payday]