Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday....Mon Petit Artichaut

My little neice is getting christened in a few months so I thought she might need a pretty cardi for her special day. After looking through lots of patterns, my sister and I settled for Petit Artichaut.  It is such a sweet pattern.  

I cast-on a few weeks ago, in some undyed Knitting Goddess bamboo and merino 4ply.  I spent a while knitting it over the weekend and couldn't work out why the pattern didn't look right then I realised I hadn't read the start of the pattern correctly so I ened up pulling it down.  I have been wanting to start it again for the last fortnight but my head has been all over the place and I have wanted easy knitting and crochet so it sat, waiting.

On Monday, I finally decided it was time to start again so I read the pattern properly this time and it's looking good. The stitch pattern is fairly simple but effective. Just what we like.


..I could just sit on the settee with a big mug of tea, making a bit more progress on this today. We have more snow forecast and it so cold..hibernation seems like a fab plan!

There is no time for hibernation this week though, I am in the middle of making a few things for new and exciting collaborations with Indie dyers ...this little lot are going to their new home today and their colours are reminding me that Spring is on its way....soon.


 For more WIP Wednesday, hop over to Tami-Amis blog.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its adorable. Your niece is going to look so cute in it