Monday, February 18, 2013

Making and mending Monday...

It is half term this week. I love the school holidays. Don't all hate me; we don't go on exotic holidays or expensive days out every single day, my house is far from perfect and sometimes my little darlings are more like little devils but I still love spending time with them even if it spending the day watching DVDs and teaching the rabbits to climb upstairs.

I've got a few sewing lessons this week so over the weekend I played around with some ideas and got lots of help making these owls....


I'm a little bit scared they might start taking over the world because apparently we are going to make another two tomorrow.  I love them though and am wondering if other people might like them too because they are a fab thing to play with for inspiration and new sewing skills.

While I was sewing this afternoon, J was stuffing his owl and Lou was mending her teddy.  She has had Ugg since she was born and he has had lots of love over the last eight years. He's been through the smelly stage, we've lost him, bought a replacement who just wasn't the same and luckily found him again and we have mended him lots. This has been a job for Lou's Great Grandma; apparently I am not up to the job so when we go for tea on a Thursday, if Ugg has needed mending, he has come along with us for some open-neck surgery but today Lou decided she was big enough to mend him herself so she added a bit more stuffing '..so he looks like he has been eating all the pies..' and sewed him up...

She did a fab job too so tomorrow morning he is going to have a wash so that he is dry and ready for bed tomorrow night.





1 comment:

Daisy said...

I would never let mine even be washed when I was a kid!