Friday, August 09, 2013

My Fastest Finished Object Friday!

You'll notice that there haven't been many finished objects around here recently. I seem to have been very good at starting things; socks, odd bits of crochet, a few more socks, some more crochet things but nothing has been finished, however, last Saturday...less than a week ago, I went to my lovely local yarn shop and bought some yarn for a new project; a little tank top for my newest nephew, born the Sunday before.

I'd said that I would wait until the baby was born before I made anything because when someone announces that they are having a baby in a family of knitters, I find that they suddenly become rather inundated with white cardis and I'm not too keen on knitting in white and I like to know who I am knitting for so I managed to resist the urge to make anything until the (not so) little man was born.

I decided to be brave and make a little tank top out of The Ultimate Book of Baby Knits by Debbie Bliss. As much as I like quite a lot of the patterns in the book, I don't like seams. At all.  Seams on baby clothes seem even more annoying because the garments are so small and quick to knit then you have to faff and pick up stitches and sew up and blah blah blah....anyway, I decided to put my big girl pants on and get on with it and here is the finished object. I think it loosk quite cute.

 
After much deliberation, where I maybe annoyed people while standing in the shop trying to decide which colours out of a handful of options were the ones to go with for slightly longer than was necessary, I went for green and cream.

Even though there was a bit of sewing up and picking up stitches, I managed to do it with only minimal tutting so I might have to make another one for another little man...and Lou thinks a girly one would look fab too.....

For more FO Fridays, have a look at Tami Ami's blog here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My favorite color combo for babies. Just made a sweater in the same combo. Cute vest!