Saturday, January 03, 2009

Friday inspiration on a Saturday...lap warmers.

Look at this, I'm on the ball this week, in fact I might even be the first to comment on the UKswap blog.

So we're talking blankets and the like. I have a problem with blankets. J and L both have a lovely single bed and a bit sized blanket each made by my Grandma in crocheted granny squares. She used left over yarn from jumpers that she had made them so not only do they have ace blankets but they are memories of old jumpers and when they were diddy. I love their blankets and wish I had one like them however, the darling husband has an obsession with blankets and as soon as he sits down on the settee, he has to pull a blanket out, wrap himself up and that's him done for the day/evening. When he has finished with it, the blanket is then tossed aside and old muggins here has to fold it and put it away and I feel like I spend a lot of my time folding the blankets up. The blankets in question are horrid pink efforts, more like thin quilts that came from his Grannys house which makes it even worse. Maybe I would be happier if they were pretty and hand-made or if they stayed upstairs!!

Having said all of this, I am going to answer the questions ;)

What has been your favourite finished blanket/lapghan?

I haven't finished any blankets. My fav finished ones are the ones I mention that my Grandma made for the little people.

Do you have a favourite pattern that you'd like to make in the future?

Lizard Ridge!! I have started it and done all of about half a square so one day maybe ;)


Do you have a favourite type of yarn for making blankets/lapghans?

Well I started LR in Wendy Fusion. I like the idea of using the lovely luxury yarns that patterns ask for but I also don't have the money to fork out £200 + for a blanket so I go for the inbetween.

No comments: