Sunday, June 21, 2009

This is what the weekend is about...

We started off on Friday afternoon with a bit of strawberry picking......


Saturday morning consisted of a bit of sitting around in pjs......



then after a bit of food shopping (because I hadn't done any for weeks and the cupboards were a little bare), Lou and J amazed me with what the knew about computers....


This morning Lou showed M how to use Tux Paint and I took pictures of him with his ancient dressing gown on in an attempt to shame him into getting a new one...


This afternoon, I was in a foul mood. I was so tired after going to bed too late last night then being woken up at 6 by two fog-horns who insisted on making train tracks on the landing, right outside my bedroom then I'd gone outside this morning to do a bit of gardening but had spent about an hour cleaning up cat sh*t from our neighbours cats.


Anyway, I decided to cut the grass, huffed and puffed as I moved the slide, climbing frame, rabbit run and other child and rabbit paraphernalia off the grass then imagined painful treatment of the person that insists on saving random bits of rubble in a broken wheelbarrow at the top of the garden, in front of my shed that the lawn mower lives in.


Eventually I managed to cut the grass then spent the rest of the afternoon gardening, planting some new flowers, weeding in the veggie patch, playing with the rabbit, all of the time, playing make-believe games with Looby. She is clearly not on this planet. She informed me that she wouldn't like to be a nurse because she wouldn't want to make people better and that babys climb into your belly and wait in there until they decide to come out. Nice one Lou!

I'm really proud of my veggie patch this year. We'll ignore the lack of courgettes due to lack of organisation and appreciate the cabbage.I've never grown them before...


My peas and beans are growing really well, just slowly! The raspberry canes have collapsed for some reason so I need to sort them out but so far, so good.

3 comments:

BabyLongLegs said...

Looking good Missus :)
Hmmm.....steamed shredded cabbage with butter and pepper..... *drools*

S xXx

Unknown said...

wow i'd love a veggie patch like that, we have a few buckets with stuff in and thats it.
looking forward to seeing what you make with it all.
snowflake.x.

Julia Guthrie said...

LOL..oh dear, we all have grumpy days like that. :)

I love your veg patch tho. Your cabbages are massive already! Did you grow from seed? Mine don't even look like cabbages yet they're so small still...lol
I have some Kale which is shooting up, & I'm getting a ton of salad leaves & radishes which is great:)

Neighbours Cat shit..hmm...I was down the bottom of the garden the other night on my slug hunt & I could smell them horrible stuff...I couldnt leave until I was satisfied they hadn't been in the veg patch!