Saturday, May 29, 2010

Finished!

It has been a quiet week chez Nicsknots sewing-wise. I have two parcels of fabric lost on their way to me at the moment so every day I play the waiting for Postman Pat game. Every day he brings me a selection of junk mail and bills but no fabric. Pah!

I have been finishing a few orders off and I did manage to knit a few bags in my newly rediscovered 'Organic Seeps' fabric. I'm not sure I like the blue...maybe too baby-blue, what do you think?

I also have pink....

I have also been knitting this weekend. I bribed myself on Thursday night; I *really* want to knit this new hat, Symetrie, from WoollyWormhead so I bought the pattern then told myself I had to finish the Zig-Zag blanket I have been making for my friends sisters baby who was born *ahem* months ago. Here it is.....


and here it is before I had sewn the six million ends in.

I love the colours of this one. When I started knitting it, I was a bit scared it was too boyish but then the baby was born and it was a boy so all was OK. I had to buy a few skeins to make it as I had used most of my stash of aran with the first blanket and have some left over so I think I might start making a granny square blanket with what is left....just need to get Granny to remind me how to make them ;)

2 comments:

Kitschy Coo said...

All lovely stuff! Love the colours of the blanket too :)

Daisy said...

Fab, more organic seeps! That's really cool.