Sunday, December 04, 2011

Bitter it's not twisted!

It's all very busy behind the scenes at Nicsknots at the moment. I have the usual busy things but there are also exciting things that I am planning for the New Year meaning that I don't get much free time, adding Christmasy bits at school and general Christmas excitement, it's busy, busy, busy!

I've been thinking of making a cowl for the last few weeks, flicked through patterns, stalked people walking down the road who are wearing ones that look like I might like them and generally plotted then the other night I remembered that I had some Wendy Pampas super chunky yarn that would make a fab, quick night. Instant gratification for those short of time. Perfect. I cast on, twisted the stitches when I joined them. On purpose to make the twisted look that everyone is wearing at the moment.

Source: wanelo.com via Marissa on Pinterest

Somehow I managed to untwist it and ended up with this....excuse the photo; me after 4hrs sleep. Not a good look.


 I wasn't convinced but I have worn it all day today and I think I might need to make more.  It is so warm and fairly funky too, even if there is no twist.

Before I go back to sewing and cutting, pop over to the P/Hop blog. They are doing give-aways at the moment and today you could win a Nicsknots Dr Who Miya bag as well as some Sparkleduck yarn....imagine, a present for you after all of your Christmas shopping!

2 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

The first one I did had 2 twists. Seriously you couldn't write it! What are we like?

Bettiboots said...

Maths is clearly harder to knit than it would first appear...

The cowl looks good, thought, even without the twist!