Saturday, February 11, 2012

My *own* shop!

I am so happy to be able to write this blog post. For the past couple of years I have known that I have wanted needed to host my own on-line shop but have never found the right software to help so have continued with Folksy and Etsy and the fees have risen and certain woolly people have kept nagging at me to sort my act out.  There have been many tears and tantrums, generally very late at night where I have got very cross with my computer programmer husband because he can't mend the mess that is all of the code and rubbish that *should* be easy but isn't.

Last week I finally activated my account on Create and tonight, not only do I have a much better web-site, my very own web-shop is open for business and I have even had my first sale!

There was a moment on Friday morning when I thought the toys were about to come flying out of the pram again because I wanted all of my website 'things' with Create and didn't want to be faffing around with my hosting company and tried to explain my dilemma to Mr Nicsknots in my ace non-geek terms but I sent an email to my 'account manager' and she answered straight back, no robots at the end of the computer, leaving me hanging around for days and sorted it all out for me. I love Lauren my account manager.  She might regret telling me that I can contact her if I ever have a problem though ;)

I'm not going to close my Folksy and Etsy shops at the moment but I will be directing everyone to my website and hoping that that is where you will all go if you want to buy anything in the future.  So, without furthur ado, hop over to  

5 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

Well done! Create s where the crafters barn have started. It's a great site ans so easy to use. Hope it goes well for you xx

carrad said...

Hurrah for you! Going on it now. Lots of luck xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Oo exciting! Yay for you :-D

Daisy said...

Congratulations! Great to see your website - I put the link on my blog too!

GiddyStuff said...

Congratulations. I'm sure your site will be a great success x